September 11, 2013

Giovanna Battaglia {A Mobile Life}

Fashion Stylist and Editor Giovanna Battaglia is not only a glam globe trotter, but she is also a model and muse for design house Dolce&Gabbana as well as a style icon to fashion enthusiasts, bloggers etc.
She has recently designed unique iPhone cases, perfect for her life on the go.




MY PASSIONS
I consider myself a fashion “geek”: I love technology nearly as much as I love fashion!The idea of creating an iPhone cover was born of this passion; it’s an accessory that takes up a large part of my life… why not decorate and embellish it? I like the idea of having designed something pop, modern, fun and simple; it can be changed every day to match your mood.

MY WARDROBE
I have two wardrobes: one in Milan; the other in New York. I am always traveling, and I often forget important pieces in one or the other. This means that I do a lot of online shopping. You can find everything on the web, and have it delivered wherever you want. On yoox.com I have found items that I’m really thrilled with, true “gems,” like my lip print Prada skirt.



BAGS
The ideal wardrobe should include three types of bag: a weekender, for trips away as well as busy days at the office; a classic handbag, medium-sized, bon ton and chic, a true passe-partout; and lastly, a clutch for the evening, plain or embellished with sequins and crystals.


SHOES
I have my basic staples, which are the go-to and fit for any occasion. They are a black pump with a 4’’ heel, a slightly masculine moccasin loafer, and a pair of golden sandals, simple but with a towering heel. I like wedges and platforms worn with sixties-style short flared dresses and stilettos take on an air of bon-ton chicness when complemented by fifties tube dresses. Finally, for a look that is sure to catch the eye, draw your inspiration from Audrey Hepburn: ballet flats or boyish lace-ups worn with ankle grazers and a classic white shirt.



JEWELS
I love jewelry, whether real or imitation. I like colorful, large pieces that attract attention, because they make even the most basic outfit look special. I often wear very large earrings (my favorite!) but also deliberately ‘out there’ necklaces. The most original way to wear them? With garments of clean lines, creating a bold and unexpected contrast. Or render jewels almost kaleidoscopic with multicolor and floral prints.


Available on Yoox.com, click on the pics below to shop each collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Gadgets